Interview: Radio New Zealand IVs Paul Buchanan On Whether Chinese Company Huawei is an ICT Security Risk
RNZ Reported: “Huawei is supplying equipment to Chorus and 2Degrees, and working with Christchurch’s Enable Services and the central North Island’s Wel Networks as part of the Government’s ultra-fast broadband initiative.
“The company operates in more than 100 countries and has been in New Zealand since 2005. It is headed by a former People’s Liberation Army engineer and has been blocked due to security concerns from winning contracts to upgrade Australia’s broadband network and from doing business in the United States,” RNZ reported.
See Also Outlink:
– RNZ – Minister defends Huawei’s involvement in NZ
– Gordon Campbell on the Chinese Cyber Security Threat
– LiveNews.co.nz – Russel Norman and Glenn Williams on Huawei and PRC spying.
– LiveNews.co.nz – Russell Brown and Glenn Williams on this issue.
– Russell Brown on Public Address – The Huawei Question.